Sleep is a Need





Sleeping is a Need

The right amount of sleep each night is super important. The proper amount of time someone should be sleeping per night is 8 hours. I mean who doesn't like sleep? I feel that we find it hard to find time to sleep as college students. This is a common wellness concern I have for our generation. Not only do we get less sleep, we end up staying up staring at our screens. This seems to be a huge cause for sleeping in class and lack of energy throughout the day. I think I have the perfect solution to this ongoing issue. We as students seem to forget about time management. Many of us end up deciding to do social activities during the daytime instead of focusing on their studies. There are ways of doing this that create a healthier and more productive lifestyles. Some options may be alarms on your phone to mark work or study times, a planner with your day or week mapped out, or whiteboard with a to do list on it. These are all ways to stay on a healthy schedule and to be able to sleep well. I do not know why so many people find it so challenging to have a set schedule or time to complete the needed task. Maybe it is the fear of missing out, but I feel more scared of missing out on a healthy and balanced lifestyle that will lead to a degree and success. 




Comments

  1. I feel like "fear of missing out" is an interesting way to look at it as " fear of missing out" is affecting peoples health! When you look at it this way it is much more of an eye opening way to look at it as you really think about what you have to do or sacrifice. Looking at it as what you want in the moment or what you want long term is also a way i can see this going on by. Also shown by its studies should be eye opening aswell. Also having proof of healthy ways to go about it is very important to know its possible to do it in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent way for people to understand the importance of sleep. Eight hours of sleep or more is essential for being ready for a long, active day. Time management for college students is hard to get a hold of right away. we have to understand how our body will work for Class and our schedule. If you plan out your school schedule and work, it will help you get more sleep and be better prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great topic you are discussing because it is true that this is a very important thing that college students, especially, are missing out. Having 8 hours of sleep a night is critical for brain and body functions. I agree that the screens, typically phones, have an impact on our sleep. Many people do not know when to stop scrolling on social media and end up losing sleep. Lastly, I like how you mentioned that not getting enough sleep is possibly due to a fear of missing out. I really like that idea, and I am sure that is true for some people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy this topic because sleep and rest have become something on the back burner. I have personally found that getting 8 hours of sleep, dedicating eating times for no work, and removing phone screens before bed have been the best ways to feel energized for the next day. I am not aware of motivational skills for this as I need to do these things for a nervous/cardiovascular condition that I have, but it truly does make a difference. It's good to discuss this because the fear of missing out (FOMO) has become a very common issue. I would suggest finding a buddy that will do the same thing with you, so that you can spend time together and grow your health!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a really important topic for people of all ages, especially students in college. Sleep is a big piece of allowing your body to recover and gain the energy you need each day. As college students, many of us do tend to stay up late. This could be cramming in studying, last-minute assignments, or just staring at our screen like you said. I think you have good ideas for improving time management as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Exercise is Key

Emotional Wellness